Booking an Apartment Near Campus
Leasing an apartment near the campus:
- Select your roommates and talk amongst yourselves as to where you’d like to stay and how many bedrooms would you like to have in your apartment.
- Click on the links of the websites mentioned below each apartment mentioned in the MAITRI website and have a look at the pictures and terms and conditions.
- Once you have decided on your apartment, talk to a few seniors regarding the apartment.
- After all these are done, send an e-mail to the leasing office. (Details mentioned in MAITRI website). The earlier you contact them, the more options you get.
- After you decide an apartment, the leasing office will send out an e-mail to you and your roommates asking you to fill in the application form.
- You will be required to pay the application form fee using a credit card.
- You will be required to scan and send your Passport, i20 and Visa.
- Check with leasing office about the security deposit you have to pay for your apartment.
- Once all this is done, you should get a confirmation that your apartment is blocked, and they might send the lease over mail.
- You can sign the lease and move to your apartment on the lease start date.
- You will receive an inspection sheet on the first day, make sure you carefully write down every small defect you find in your apartment.
Apartments for lease with 1 bedroom - Click here.
Apartments for lease with 2 bedrooms - Click here.
Apartments for lease with 3 or more bedrooms - Click here.
Setting up Utilities
Complete the procedures to lease an apartment first. Only after you get your apartment number you will be able to order electricity, internet and water. It would be better if you make all the required calls/online registration about 4-7 days before the start date of your lease. If you are taking possession of your house immediately upon your arrival, then it is suggested that you do this setup before leaving India.
Setting up utilities:
- Electricity Account:
- Register your account at https://www.duke-energy.com/my-account/registration.
- If any issues, contact Duke Energy office: 919-376-6149.
- Go to Spectrum office with your passport. Should be fine.
- You can buy a router from Amazon or rent it from Spectrum.
- Water Connection (For Avery Close):
- Grab a copy of your passport, i20 and lease.
- Visit the City of Raleigh office. One per apartment is enough, so probably 4 different apartment people can club together and reach the office in a cab.